Friday, January 10, 2014

Super Power

I happily admit, Wonder Woman was my favorite super hero when I was a kid. There was something about her lasso of truth and the invisible airplane that thrilled me! It was so enjoyable watching Linda Carter, the beloved actress, prevail in the end against the bad guys. The sense of justice! Plus, I sort of enjoyed seeing a lady kick the behind of the bad guys. Who was/is your favorite super hero?

I believe God gives all of His children a special blessing, power, ability, or quality. For His glory! You know what the Bible says about talents and gifts. We ALL have them to varying degrees!

It's something to think about. Something to assess within ourselves. Maybe you are a great listener. You nod your head and offer quiet acknowledgement. You let people feel heard. (That really is a gift!) Your talent is not interrupting. Yes, that's a talent!

Or maybe you have the gift of 'helps?' You're able to visit the sick. Make a phone call. Run someone's errands. Pick up medications. Arrange to have someone's yard mowed. Cook a meal. Mail a card.

Perhaps you have  NO idea what your talent or gift is!? I've comprised a short list of some things you CAN do until you figure it out...

1) We all enjoy being around a genuine person. Not to be harsh, but you know if our pets can quickly discern 'bad' characters, then we might want to make a conscious effort to be sincere and authentic. People do eventually reveal their real character.  When that time comes, we want it to be pleasing to God.

2) I cannot stress how important it is to listen. And NOT judge. Avoid ego! Avoid prideful actions and words.

3) Be SUPER at something - not everything!! Consider being SUPER at praying!  Be super faithful to the house of God. Be super at studying God's Word. Be super friendly!  Be a super witness for The Lord. Be super honest. Be a super friend to someone new in your life. To someone you've been friends with for years. Be a super Believer! Be SUPER at sharing what God has done for you - for what He has brought you through and from! Be SUPER humble.  BE Super kind!

Super motivating - for the cause of Christ!

I know you can be super at something that pleases HIM. Tune into your super-power!  Put some action to it. For me...I desire to be super encouraging in a discouraging world!!

Look UP my friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment