Friday, January 31, 2014

A Good Life


I love the “Life is Good” ® t-shirts, mugs, towels, and items this happy little quote embeds itself. It’s just a happy theme! When I see these genius designs, they just make me smile. They serve as a simple reminder that life really IS good. Whether it is camping by the Tuckasagee River, running a 5k in our community, or enjoying a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. God blesses us thoroughly!

It was with this “life is good” concept that I wanted to research other Christians’ philosophy. Learn what “living a good life” might mean to the Christian. Try to learn their thoughts on living a happy life – what a victorious life of faith personally means to them. 

After extensive reading, I have developed a short list of 6 quotes below. These were ones that spoke to me for various reasons.
I’ve been reading and studying them all for a short while now…Today #6 is my favorite, but I found them all encouraging and poignant. I think it's good to find encouragement from fellow Believers...

Living A Good Life
“We may speak about a place where there are no tears, no death, no fear, no night; but those are just the benefits of heaven. The beauty of heaven is seeing God.” 
 
Max Lucado

“Faith does not eliminate questions. But faith knows where to take them.” 
 
Elisabeth Elliot, A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael

“Worrying is arrogant because God knows what He's doing.” 
 
Barbara Cameron, A Time to Heal

“When we are passionately in love with our Prince, we put Him above all else--not just in theory, but also practically, in every moment of our day-to-day lives. We do not live for the applause of heaven. Our longings are not for people's approval but only for more and more of Him. We are marked by an effortless, unshakable strength that is found in the presence of our perfect Lover.” 
 
Leslie Ludy, Authentic Beauty: The Shaping of a Set-Apart Young Woman

“Be not forgetful to entertain strangers; for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.” 
 
Serena B. Miller

“The point of your life is to point to Him. Whatever you are doing, God wants to be glorified, because this whole thing is His.” 
 
Francis Chan, Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God

Did any of these quotes resonate with you? I hope so…just remember that the love of God is revealed in our lives. It’s important to allow His Light to shine within us, so that others are pointed toward Calvary. The Christian life is not only a good life - it's the best!


Look UP my friends!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this one. I hope to better treasure each day. Jesus did say that he came to give us abundant life.

    ReplyDelete