Monday, January 27, 2014

Blind Will See

Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped – Isaiah 35:5 (KJV)

I’ve had someone’s words on my mind the last few days – actually, I've had the lexis burning in my heart. The expression, the story, and the testimony I heard from a preacher on the radio. He shared a fundamental and factual account about the prolific Christian song writer, Fanny Crosby.

He said in an impromptu opportunity to share her testimony (in front of hundreds of people) she made the following comment (I’ll quote it as best I can)…
“I thank God for the gift of blindness. If that’s what it takes for God to use me in His ministry, then I’ve been given a tremendous gift.”

She later went on to say, “Many men are far blinder than I. For you see, Jesus will be the first face I see!”

Aaahhhh – how profound of Ms. Crosby! She was blessed and grateful in her travail. In the midst of what most would consider a handicap, particularly in the decades she lived here on earth, she was genuinely THANKFUL.

To thank God for our infirmities! Our obstacles! Our sorrows! Have we thanked Him in a heartfelt and genuine way for allowing us to go through suffering? Misfortunes? Have we thanked Him for the refining process we go through – when we go “through the fire?” I confess I’m weak in this area…there are times I haven’t been so thankful.  I haven't always considered sorrow or suffering a gift! 

Let’s LEARN a lesson from this blind saint – this lady who really DID see Jesus in her life!
Writing  by Fanny Crosby

O what a happy soul am I
Although I cannot see,
I am resolved that in this world,
contented I will be,
How many blessings I enjoy,
That other people dont
To weep and sigh because Im blind
I cannot and I wont.


Look UP my friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment