Saturday, January 26, 2013

Come Away

Song of Solomon 2:10 My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.

I’ve always known that I’m a solitary person at heart. A shy, quiet, hermit deep inside. {Although quiet doesn’t reflect who I am these days}. Ironic that our Lord’s divine plan for me was to marry an extrovert and often put our lives in a public format. “Ministry” can be a challenging life. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve loved the years God has afforded us together, whether it has been through the preaching of His word or ministering through His song.  1 Corninthians 1:23, 24  tells us, But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

 I fully recognize that we aren’t doing HIM any favors. He doesn’t have to use us in any capacity – we aren’t worthy from the onset. But, God in His glory and richness in mercy, called us into His service right from the beginning of our relationship. We’re not perfect mind you, nobody or any relationship is, but we are thankfully and incredibly restored after service in Him, rather than being drained from it. When God opens a door…we go through it! I really deem one of the most precious of intimacies on earth – the marriage of two (two Christians) – propelling us in one of the closest ways we can know the intimacy of God. He longs for us to experience His divine offering! One writer said it best by saying, "When we are faithful and diligent in serving Him, He readily showers us with blessings." He will for you too! (Single, or married)

Sometimes I feel a little selfish; I can’t help myself for wanting to leave our public eye and steal away into a forest of trees or a little creek along the Dan River. I find myself dreaming of slipping away where no one knows our names and we can soak in the majesty of the Blue Ridge Mountains or walk along a magnificent sea shore. However, God’s beauty readily surrounds us – a walk in the local park or gazing at the stars from the view on our porch brings contentment and joy as well. It doesn’t take but a moment to see the glorious wonders of His mighty hand. I love gazing at an endless ocean and being cognizant of how small we really are, as a people.

Some of the times I treasure most are the private, intimate times with the people we love. I thoroughly enjoy a “get together” and being in the midst of our family and friends. I love to cook a good meal, and gather around the dinner table to enjoy great conversation and a good dessert. Or, maybe I should say good conversation and a great dessert?! J   Galatians 5:22 - But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith.  I never get enough time with those I love! Nor with the One who loved me enough to die for me!

I am reminded that God’s storehouse is always full. When we’re at the point of emotional bankruptcy, when our giver just can’t give any more, when we’re in need of spiritual refreshment, we simply need to look to Him for restoration. Many Christians know that verse in book of Psalm so well  Psalm 23 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

We have always loved the Song of Solomon. We've read many commentaries about it, and what I remember most is that it's a metaphor for God’s longing for His bride, His church, but it is also a beautiful love story about yearning for the one you long for most. I encourage you to read it if you could use a big Hug from the Almighty!

Song of Solomon 2:10-13 My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away. For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.
Isn't that beautiful? Oh the wonder at His marvelous Word!

Look UP my friends!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Message...A blessing and uplifting as always...God is so Good!!!! In need of a refreshing.. God Bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete