Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Father's Love

To Him who loves us and has set us free from our sins by His blood – Revelation 1:5

Alas! and did my Savior bleed
And did my Sovereign die?
Would He devote that sacred head
For sinners such as I?
[Originally, for such a worm as I?]

At the cross, at the cross where I first saw the light,
And the burden of my heart rolled away,
It was there by faith I received my sight,
And now I am happy all the day!

Thy body slain, sweet Jesus, Thine—
And bathed in its own blood—
While the firm mark of wrath divine,
His Soul in anguish stood.

Was it for crimes that I had done
He groaned upon the tree?
Amazing pity! grace unknown!
And love beyond degree!

Thus might I hide my blushing face
While His dear cross appears,
Dissolve my heart in thankfulness,
And melt my eyes to tears.

But drops of grief can ne’er repay
The debt of love I owe:
Here, Lord, I give my self away
’Tis all that I can do.


Oh how the words of this great hymn bring rejoicing to my spirit! “Amazing pity! Grace unknown! And love beyond degree!”  
Recently, a dear brother in Christ gave us a set of ceramic coasters with old hymns embellished on them. I’ve placed them strategically around the house. I routinely find myself switching out the one near my bedside so that I can read these anointed words before I go to sleep. It’s also our practice to leave a few Bibles open throughout our home, and when we walk by doing our daily activity, we try to stop, read a scripture or two, and then continue about our task. It’s a good thing to continually remind ourselves about heaven, the Lord, and His amazing love! We can truly never have too much God or too much LOVE in our lives.
Of all the promises and truths in the Holy Scriptures, there is possibly no truth that the evil one would like to blot out more! The truth of God’s love should ring in our hearts with both power and gentleness. For thousands of years, the evil one has been trying to convince humanity that God does not love them. He succeeded in making our first family, Adam and Eve, believe this enormous lie! Often he is successful in persuading this generation too.
The delight of experiencing His love does not rely on whether we’re good or bad. Just like we don’t teach our children that we’re against them or hate them when they do wrong or make a mistake. Their transgression does not change your love into hate – if it did, you would change your relationship an enormous amount of times and it would be a false example of unconditional love. So, no! He or she is still your child, and you love your child/children.
If men have gone astray from God, it does not mean that He hates them. There will never be a human being born that God hates – it may be the sin He hates – but not the person. Why is that? Because Christ Jesus died for all – for anyone that will believe in Him. (John 3:16 KJV)
Ask yourself, why is the understanding of unconditional love so hard to grasp from our perspective? Maybe it’s because we’re unworthy…

Look UP my friends!

2 comments:

  1. Thus might I hide my blushing face
    While His dear cross appears,
    Dissolve my heart in thankfulness,
    And melt my eyes to tears.

    I love this verse! Thank you for all you do, and for this wonderful Ministry! God bless y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful message...Always needed..It is hard to put into words sometimes how the uplifting makes you feel... All I can do is trust in the Lord...Look Up....God Bless you!!!!

    ReplyDelete