Friday, January 18, 2013

Center of My Joy

Like a bucket draws water from the well, so the tongue of man dips down and usually pours out whatever the heart tells us - I love that quote! The second part says, "If our thoughts (and heart) are contaminated, so our words will reveal." (Similar to contaminating our rivers and streams with pollution!)  If our heart is clean, then a clean tongue is what we communicate both subconsciously and consciously. I've always heard that a person's true character is revealed when they least know it. Proverbs Chapter 10:32 states, "The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable: but the mouth of the wicked speaketh frowardness." (KJV)


If you're reading this blog, then it is my privilege, and my blessing, to share with you, most simply captured, my heart, and how a Cornerstone of Strength is the ONLY way to live a victorious, happy life. 

This blog is intended to encourage those who battle with various struggles within ourselves and/or with others in our life...Do a little assessment of your personal battle with issues such as envy, depression, stress, confusion, anger, impure thoughts, immodest dress, bitterness, revengeful spirit. I took the time to make two lists - one of my inner battles, and one of those who I perceive work against me, either on occasion or consistently. The list could continue indefinitely. Perhaps you've done a self-analysis and everything is coming up roses? No stress? No burdens to bear? Then by all means, please consider a genuine prayer of thankfulness and gratitude every day, multiple times per day, and remember the names of others in your circle who are in a vexed state of adversity against the evil one. Some more than others. Christians know and believe in an ACTIVE prayer life, right?! I encourage you to make two lists - be aware of the difference of internal and external conflict. Don't get discouraged if your list is lengthy! God is able! 

With that said, I'm not overly altruistic - we can't blame everything on the adversary, or satan as he's often referenced; the devil. We make choices! (For future reference: I will avoid grammatical correctness and won't capitalize his name, because he doesn't deserve that courtesy in my opinion). However, every Christian has an innate understanding that the evil one is real and he does, as the Holy Scriptures tell us in 1 Peter 5:8, go about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.  

Now that you have identified your personal struggles, it is time to be reminded that the Almighty doesn't want us to worry so much (or as much as I do sometimes). Don't worry! Easily said, right? Instead of worrying, I pray. I simply talk to Jesus like I would my faithful husband or my closest friend. He is a true friend. You'll be amazed at what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your day. 

Fill your prayer and your mind with "Cornerstones of Strength" such as truth, grace, mercy, love, God's authenticity as the Savior of the world. Count your blessings! It won't be too long, before your mood is lifted, and you'll be able to face the next challenge through grace. (And by all means, stay away from those joy robbers! We'll talk more about those later)

In closing, I want to share the words of a beautiful song I came across. May they bless you and encourage you.


Jesus, you're the center of my joy
All that's good and perfect comes from You.
You're the heart of my contentment,
Hope for all I do,
Jesus, You're the center of my joy.

When I've lost my direction, You're the compass for my way;
Your're the fire and the light when nights are long and cold.
In sadness, You're my laughter
That shadows all my fears;
When I'm all alone, Your hand is there to hold.
                          - Gloria Gaither 



Look UP my friends! 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to follow you on this journey. Looking forward to the next blog... as soon as I figure out how to follow it . Lol .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just what I needed..Thank you so much...Going through some personal battles and I turn to the Lord for guidance..But like you said don't get discouraged..This is just amazing...Kim you are truly a Woman of God and so looking forward to the next one... God Bless you and remember me in prayer...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy that the blog might be a blessing to you-to someone!! Especially someone as kind as you are Laurie! God bless...

      Delete