Monday, July 8, 2013

Keep Writing; Keep Growing!


Confession time:  I struggle with feelings of inadequacy as a writer. Both in my modest abilities and in what respect I have for actually writing for the public. Am I worthy? No. Am I talented enough? No. Not in my eyes. Am I living the SAME life I write about? I really try!  Do I love Christ, Jesus? Absolutely. Yet, shortfalls, failures, insufficiency, meagerness – all qualities I demonstrate every week as I put ‘pen to paper’ in this blog.  While I often quote Biblical scriptures for reference and guidance, I would never want to confuse my personal thoughts and stories with that of God’s Holy Word. Nor do I ever want to take away from HIM through any thought or action I make of my own. It is the Lord, Jesus, who breathes life into my stories and comments. I am merely a tiny vessel of grace!

Today marks my 99th post in Cornerstone Of Strength…I am humbled and a little sheepish to admit that God wants ME to tell my story. But, He does. I know this within my heart and soul. I sincerely say, “To Him be ALL glory!”  (Life Moment: Maybe He wants you to share yours too! It may or not be through writing, but there are lots of avenues and opportunities if we are open to them.)

I went to my main page at the blog site this morning. I wanted to share some “overview” facts that I learned upon closer observation.

TOP 10 MOST READ Cornerstone Blogs (in random order)

·        A Home Church

·        Stressed Out

·        Half-Full Living

·        Jesus Loves ME?!

·        Ghandi & Wal-Mart

·        Humble Acts Serve a Purpose

·        When I Say I’m a Christian

·        Friendship Is a Gift

·        It’s Good To Be Nice

·        Stand Up for Jesus

This tells me in part, that Cornerstone of Strength readers enjoy a more personalized blog – my personal antidotes, stories, and life events.  (Although doctrine and Scripture certainly have their time and place!) There’s one thing about life – people usually find common ground when it comes to funny occurrences, painful truths, or times of suffering. We often relate to one another through pain or angst– and in the process encourage one another – that’s my endeavor at least!

Another simple truth (after receiving many questions on the topic) is that, quite honestly, I don’t know why God allows suffering as a means of knowing Him more deeply. I don’t know all the worth or reasons for the heartache, suffering, trials, and obstacles we face!  However, I DO know that comforting others starts by knowing the Comforter.  Sharing with others the active comfort HE provides me not only aids in their healing, it also benefits in mine! If nobody reads the blog, then I freely admit it helps my spirit, and mine alone. When God speaks – it is a gift. And if He doesn’t do a work in my heart, then I fail miserably within my own abilities.

People all over the world have need to be encouraged…I was quite humbled and surprised to learn that the blog has several readers from diverse countries. It’s exciting and genuinely thrilling for me to be able to spread the Good News of the Gospel!

TOP 9 Countries – Active Readership (in random order)

·        United States

·        United Kingdom

·        Germany

·        Indonesia

·        France

·        China

·        Spain

·        Vietnam

·        Russia

It’s true…Everyone needs the Lord! People may not recognize it. People may reject Him. But it doesn’t change the stark reality, that people NEED God. As you know, heaven is real. There is One God. One Way. One Truth. Truth must be shared!

I will keep writing because:

1)   God sent His only Son to die for me – that precious gift changed my life! Forever!

2)   He is worthy!  (Amen and Amen).

3)   God’s Word says to go forward and tell the world! (Matthew 28)

4)   He doesn’t except perfection – If He did, we would all be in trouble. (He does, however, expect obedience).

5)   I have a desire to encourage people – a desire to be a light in a dark world– to share THE LIGHT within me with others!

6)  A desire to live a happy, victorious Christian life – it is a daily process whereby you grow to be more and more like Christ. I want to walk DAILY with Him and help others along the way. I desire to keep growing in the FAITH!

So, please accept my humble and sincere gratitude for reading the blog! It means so very much – you truly encourage me! For Him, and through Him, onward I write...

Look UP my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment