Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Bedtime Prayer

Night is drawing nigh and it will soon be time to rest
But not before I say needed prayers,
To remember, on this day my life is blessed.
The day has wrought a valley and testing down here
 The adversary my soul disturbs and sharply scatters fear.
Yet, let me be still in the presence of God this eve
Quiet my mind; Lord, grant me peaceful reprieve!
As night comes forth may I reflect upon today,
With a thankful heart and God’s Word guiding my way.
For His ways are true – His paths are steady and just
Say my bedtime prayers? It’s a spiritual daily must!
By Kimberly Hemric© 2014


Bedtime Prayer: Heavenly Father, as the day draws to an end, I want to thank you for this very day. All of your gifts and all of your blessings you bestowed me. The night is dark – but your Word is a lamp unto my feet; a Light unto my path. The night is quiet. Let the quietness of your peace enfold around me, within me, and inside my heart.  May the quietness of your voice resound inside my head. My home. My spirit. Allow me to look hopefully and expectantly to You, the giver of ALL good things; the keeper of every tomorrow. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Look UP my friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment