Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love of a Child


 

I John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

Today’s post will be a short one. I don’t want to mess it up with my words! And thanks to the friend who first shared this precious story with me. May you be blessed in return!

They call him the Sky Angel Cowboy. Thirteen year old Nebraska rancher, and full-time cowboy, Logan, has become an internet sensation. If you haven’t seen/heard the footage of his call to a local radio station, please let me share his message with you. I couldn’t get Logan’s voice out of my mind last night. So, with today being Valentine’s Day, I couldn’t think of a grander, more precious example of love.


Logan listens to “Sky Angel” radio when he’s out roping cattle with his dad, or working on the family’s ranch. Because their ranch is literally in the middle of nowhere, listening to KSBJ Christian radio is one avenue in which Logan sustains his intimacy with God. Logan called into the radio station one recent morning – to share a message that God had shared with him.

The afternoon before, Logan’s dad was working on the ranch, and had roped a calf. Logan tells the story through sniffles and a shaky voice. He articulates so sweetly to the radio announcer, “She came from a really old cow. But she wasn’t very healthy. She didn’t have good milk with enough Vitamin C. {there’s a pause}

Well, she broke her back.” (An audible gulp, deep breath can be heard)  And this morning, I went out and put her down myself.” He silences his cry to fight back tears.

“I was talking to God – I was asking God WHY – she was special.” (He fights hard to keep himself composed). And God answered and He said, “You know, Logan, my Son was special. But He died for a purpose.”


Logan gulps and says, “It’s kind of the same thing.  That calf was close to me, and God’s Son was close to Him.” He takes a deep breath. Sniffles again. You can hear the tears in his voice. “Are you gonna’ be okay?” the announcer asks.


“Yeah, I’m okay. I just wanted to tell you guys, because this is so important. It’s so important just remember when you lose a loved one or a pet, that God gave His Son too. He understands. He will always understand. He will always. Just run to Him!”


They say their goodbyes, and Logan hangs up. Not before he tells the announcer, “Love you.”


He is wise beyond his years – and obedient – to share with the world what God had shared with him.


Romans 10:13  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved

 
It’s true – God’s Son died for a purpose. That purpose was YOU! Me. Our children. Our spouses. Our communities. Our family members. Those we know – those whom we haven’t met. The whole world…

God LOVES YOU. His “Valentine” loved us enough, HIS ONLY begotten son, for WHOSOEVER, to give up His life! That means everyone. (John 3:16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Look UP my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment