Tuesday, September 17, 2013

4 Things God Doesn't Know?!


I’ve had a busy couple of weeks. Highs. Lows. Blessings. Obstacles. I think most true Christians are in a battle of spiritual warfare, of varying degrees. This morning as I silenced my thoughts, and tried to focus beyond the circumstances, I began to mediate about the innumerable things I DON’T KNOW. Not things like “Why did the chicken cross the road?” But deeper questions such as, “Can this person see my heart? Am I using my abilities to glorify my Savior? What can I do so that my light isn’t snuffed out? Am I doing my part in carrying the Gospel to those who are spiritually blind?” Pondering those questions – it enabled me come to a big realization. Very big! There are a few things that God does NOT know.

Did you know that? Are you shocked? This idea may catch you by great surprise or even blind-side you theologically. But, before you draw the wrong conclusion, please let me further explain.

Foremost, you understand that God is omniscient. This means He knows everything, about everyone, even down to the hair on our heads. He is ALL knowing. He is also omnipresent. This term means He is everywhere for everyone all at once.

So, being that He is omniscient AND omnipresent, how is it that He doesn’t know something?

Allow me to articulate it this way…

(1)  God doesn’t know a bad day. When I’m having a bad day, I like to remind myself that God is never surprised by anything that happens. He is never “boggled down” even when I am. He created the day from the night. The sun from the moon. Genesis accounts the creation of mankind and the earth as we know it. God literally created the day, so it can be concluded that He wouldn’t worry, like mankind does, over something or someone He created. He does not know a bad day in any shape or form. Although He cares for us enormously, He doesn’t stress or lose sleep over our worries. The Bible teaches us that our thoughts are not His thoughts. He is an almighty, powerful, and potent Deity.

(2)  God doesn’t know sin. The dreaded “s” word. We don’t like to think of ourselves as sinful or sin-filled, but the truth is we ALL fall short of the glory of God.  God , Himself is the only one free from sin. He is a holy and righteous God. When Jesus lived as a man among the lowly, HE never sinned. Through the shedding of His precious and holy blood, we have a way to heaven. HE made a way when no other could make a way. You know the old hymn, “What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the Blood of Jesus! What can make me whole again? Nothing but the Blood of Jesus.”

(3)  God doesn’t know a person He doesn’t love. That’s a lot different from people’s nature, isn’t it? Sometimes our love is conditional. Or tainted. Why, I could readily name several people I do love, and probably several people I may not “love to pieces.” <Insert a chuckle> You understand what I’m saying... God IS love. He gave His Son to die for you. For the wicked. For the battered. The bruised. The lowly. The wealthy. The poor. The person of color. The person in bondage. The happy. The sad. The person enslaved. Every individual. YOU. Think about God as our Father. He is our HEAVENLY Father. He loves us. And He proved it on Calvary.

(4)  God doesn’t know defeat. He’s never lost a battle. Let me repeat that sentence…He’s never lost a battle! The God we serve is the same God of Paul and Silas. The same One who led His children out of pharaoh’s bondage at the Red Sea. The same God who raised Lazarus from the dead. But, let’s be clear about one thing…God has always had an enemy who wants to defeat Him, but the enemy will never win. God cannot be defeated because nobody or nothing can defeat His power. Dr. Bob Jones said, "There are times and situations that feel hopeless. We may feel like things are a lost cause. But if worse case scenarios come to fruition, it isn’t because God isn’t powerful enough."  As one gospel song tells us, “He is mightier than the mighty! The greatest of the great!”

So, I hope you find reassurance in that God doesn’t know a bad day. He doesn’t know sin. He doesn’t know defeat. And God does not know a person He doesn’t love! We serve a sovereign Lord!

Look UP my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment