Sunday, February 14, 2016

Top 10 Quotes About Love


I tend to like lists - all kinds of lists. I just feel organized when I have a list.  A to-do list at work, the grocery list, the Christmas gift list, the birthday list…I can come up with a list for so many things! Maybe even a “honey-do” list if I think on it too much. Yes, lists are good. The other thing about lists, is they often change. Ask me again tomorrow, and the list may have changed. But, being that today is Valentine’s Day, I wanted to comprise a list of my TOP 10 Quotes about L-O-V-E. Maybe you have your favorite quotes too, or a few of yours might be listed below as well. (I easily found the first half online)

________________________________________________________________

Love is the voice under all silences, the hope which has no opposite in fear; the strength so strong mere force is feebleness: the truth more first than sun, more last than star… E.E. Cummings                                (I really do LOVE Cummings!)

 

As a girl where I was a Flower of the mountain yes when I put the rose in my hair like the Andalusian girls used or shall I wear a red yes and how he kissed me under the Moorish wall and I thought well as well him as another and then I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes and then he asked me would I yes to say yes my mountain flower James Joyce

 
The only thing we never get enough of is love; and the only thing we never give enough of is love. Henry Miller


I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity, and her flaming self respect. And it’s these things I’d believe in, even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn’t all she should be. I love her and it is the beginning of everything. F. Scott Fitzgerald

BIBLE QUOTES ABOUT LOVE


For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life - 3:16 (KJV)

John 15:13 - Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

1 John 4:7 - Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.


1 John 4:19 - We love him, because he first loved us.


May you know the love of God in your heart today…seek blessings and you will find them. Remember, the love of God penetrates the darkest of night.


Let’s keep looking UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment