Sunday, February 7, 2016

Mustard Seed Prayer -- Part II


Mustard Seed Prayer – Part II
 

Matthew 17:20 (KJV) - And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Today’s blog is a continuation of prayer on the mustard seed. If I’m not mistaken, God uses this parable twice in the Bible, so it’s absolutely something we can learn from. Mediate on. Pray about. The mustard seed, the soil, the birds, the person…think about where you’ve been, where you are, and where you’re going! Then join me in part 2 of this short prayer.


Let us Pray:

Lord, help me to understand and do the work that you’ve commissioned. Not for my neighbor, but for me.  I understand that having BIG faith shadowed in DOUBT and fear does no good for anyone. It’s not necessarily the size of the mustard seed, but the fruitful plant that it becomes. A single little seed and grow into a giant tree! A fruit bearing tree!  I ask you, God, – help me to be more fruitful. For your glory; none of my own.

Like the seed itself, help my faith to grow. Pure. Unencumbered. Brave. Rich in substance even on stiff ground.

Thank you for your Word. You’ve promised your Word will not return void. Rather, with the faith of a mustard seed, I can move mountains! When I grow weary from the climb, I still have your Word. When my roots feel dry and the soil feels rocky, I still have your Word. When I can’t fathom facing tomorrow, you, my precious Lord, are already there. You, Heavenly Father, the God of Israel know my name and my circumstances. Help me to grow on thorny ground, what otherwise feels impossible to man. Deliver me from doubt as the goliaths try to stomp out my strength. Help me to keep my eyes OFF others, and focus on my relationship with YOU.

Lord, help me to be more like the mustard seed. The seed doesn’t question you. It doesn’t doubt you. The seed obeys without hesitation or fear. It does what you created it to do.

Teach me to grow in both happiness and pain. I see you in EVERY situation in my life. May I live a STRONG daily Faith, sewing seeds for you to say, “Well done, they good and faithful servant,” someday!
Help me to use MY mustard seed of Faith...

In Jesus’ name,

Amen
 

1 comment:

  1. 2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
    2Ti 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

    Jannes and Jambres 2 sorcerers which dealt with Moses remember?
    2Ti 3:9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.
    2Ti 3:10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

    ReplyDelete