Tuesday, October 13, 2015

My Prayer Journal


John 15:7 (KJV) - If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
 
I started journaling prayer requests, both my own and from others, a long time ago. Some days I jot down many things according to life’s encounters, other times I may go several days without adding or updating my list. (It simply helps me to be able to look at the names and/or situations when I call them out to God. It’s sort of like homework. I can find myself feeling lazy at times, but I strive to push through and stay committed. Admittedly, there are moments when I say, “Lord, you know every name and every situation in this book. I ask your blessing and strength for your glory in every situation.”
 
Life Moment ~ I have found that it is HIGHLY important to note answered prayer of all outcomes. It’ll remind you moving forward that God DOES answer prayer.

Just a few days ago I realized that I’m on my THIRD prayer journal book of 2015. Let that be indicative of some of the goliaths and challenges faced this year. Now there’s a good chance that you pray as much as I do, and vice versa. I’m not claiming to be anything special. Yet, I believe a healthy and consistent prayer life is ultimately what keeps us spiritually healthy and connected to God. You’ve probably read the maxim, “One week without praying, makes one weak!”

I don’t want to be an ask, ask, ask type of person. The one who doesn’t recognize the little things. The person who takes blessings for granted. You probably already understand that it’s important to thank God for His benefits every day!

Lessons I was reminded of in my latest prayer journal…

1)      Nothing is too small to take before God.

2)      Prayer is just plain ole’ important – and it’s a wise investment of our time.

3)      When people ask you to pray on their behalf, it’s a special gift. Unwrap the present carefully and with love.

4)      God DOES answer prayer! He is faithful.

5)      When you become sad or feel down, it’s uplifting to go back through your prayer journal and be reminded of God’s goodness. His answered prayers.

6)      God’s blessings outweigh any negative(s) in our lives.

7)      Make note that not everyone can handle your situation or understand your trials. But God does! Be reminded of the lyrics of this hymn, “but grace has brought me safe thus far, and grace twill lead me home!”


Let’s look UP friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment