Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Mustard Seed Prayer - Part I

I’ve been mediating and pondering on faith the last few weeks…faith, in my estimation, functions on many levels.  Faith exists both purposefully and subconsciously. But for this post, I’m not referring to what I call our “expectation faith.”

Not the kind of faith you exercise when you turn your ignition key – you automatically expect the car to zoom to life.

Not the kind of faith when you pre-set your oven temperature to 350*  - you expect it to be pretty close to the selected number when the bell “dings” to let you know it is preheated.

Not the kind of faith it requires one to fly by airplane or travel via automobile to another destination. We typically expect to arrive safely.

The mustard seed…have you ever held one? Almost every grocery store in my area has them in the spice/baking section. I encourage you to hold a bottle above your eye level – look at it. Study the bottle.  Let your senses absorb the gold tiny little seeds on the inside. How many are in the bottle - 150? 900? 2300? I’m not sure, but it takes A LOT of seeds to fill the bottle. But we just need ONE!

A Mustard Seed of Faith
They say if you have streadfast faith
The size of one mere mustard seed
That you can move to that mountain high
And place it where you see the need.

They say having faith is the way
To manifest the d reams you dare,
But faith is far, far more than that –
It’s knowing you’re already there
                            ~~~ Author Unknown


I’ll write more on faith soon, but for this purpose, let’s close with this simple prayer…

Heavenly Father,
Give me big faith, Lord.  I have goliaths in my life from time to time, and I do not want to give up! Help me to have faith to see beyond my uncomfortable circumstances. Faith to remind me that ALL things are possible and ALL people stand in need of your salvation. Show me how to practice my faith when people, situations, and the adversary seem to be against me.  I understand that in order to grow, our roots of faith must be planted deep in your Word and your grace. Help me to truly BELIEVE the mustard seed amount that pleases you. 

Help me in daily necessity; daily counsel – because you’re the Great Counselor.

In Jesus’ name,
Amen.



Let’s look UP friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment