Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Greatest Christian Ever Known - 6 Quotes



For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.


Who’s the greatest Christian you’ve personally EVER known? I hope someone immediately came to mind!

I shared with my church family just how powerful a pastor’s recent description of his wife was to me. He said she is/was the greatest Christian he’d ever known. It feels awkward to use the past tense phrase, as they’re still happily married some 35 - 40 years later. But you see, she battles advanced memory loss at an early age, so many pieces of “who she is” has been enveloped in the fog and murkiness of dementia. In many ways, her life has now transitioned into “who she was.” But, it hit me the next day when I was making notes about his sermon – her life still has meaning. Her effectiveness for the Kingdom of God remains ongoing. She’s still fulfilling her purpose of Christian living.

So who IS the greatest Christian you’ve ever known? A praying grandma? A parent? Your Sunday school teacher? Your spouse?!

Allow me to share six Scriptures and/or quotes that you might meditate on for what Christian living – what the Believer’s life - truly means.

SIX  INSPIRATIONAL  QUOTES

“Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” ~ David, King of Judah (Psalms 23:6, The Holy Bible, KJV)

“And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.” ~
Ruth of Moab (Ruth 1:16-17, The Holy Bible, KJV)

Faith is a living and unshakable confidence. A belief in God so assured that a man would die a thousand deaths for its sake. — Martin Luther

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”   -
Martin Luther King Jr.

The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of deep discouragement. I have to go to God in prayer with tears in my eyes, and say, ‘O God, forgive me,’ or ‘Help me.’  – Dr. Billy Graham

“We never grow closer to God when we just live life. It takes deliberate pursuit and attentiveness.” Francis Chan

I ended with Francis Chan’s quote on purpose. Take time to re-read it! “We never grow closer to God when we just live life! It takes deliberate pursuit and attentiveness.”

Wow! May we all purposefully choose to live in deliberate pursuit and attentiveness of increasing our faith and sharing the Gospel. Let’s not be so busy “just living” that we lose our heavenly influence.

 
Life Moment: Be careful in your prayer life. Don’t limit God with human small-minded thinking and assumptions! God has a big purpose for you! Do NOT forget that the adversary is ALWAYS seeking to steal, rob, and destroy (John 10:10). Sometimes it is what we CANNOT see that takes up our time and faith.


Let’s Look UP friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment