Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Keep Going!


Ephesians 6:10-20 (KJV)  - Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

I have found that computers, cameras, cell phones, microwaves, and other items of daily use are all just a little bit different. For me at least, it takes a minute (or several) to adjust and figure out the basic components. It seems by the time I really excel at using certain features, it’s time for an upgrade, or the equipment breaks down. Maybe you’re someone who transitioned, as I did, from the Blackberry® to the iPhone®…or maybe it was to a Droid ® to the iPhone 4? I can’t really recall, so you KNOW I was in a state of anxiety. I was definitely in a foreign land and had several struggles along the way. After all, where would I be without texting and Facebook capabilities?! J

I’m using a computer unfamiliar to me for today’s post. My hands and fingers feel arthritic and disjointed as I use this keyboard. I feel awkward. This new, more sluggish process is out of my comfort zone. At one time, I could easily type 65 words per minute – error free! Barely knew where the backspace button even was for many years!

Yet, I’m making a lot of keystroke errors. I’m looking down at the keys a lot…yes, the letter R is in the same designated place as it is on all keyboards. The hand-positioning letters of G and H are in their customary central locations. Yet, I continue to mess up – making mistakes – as I go. What does one do?

 I press on! Though my hands feel like they’re in quagmire, I continue.  As we/you do, weary Christian…even though we make mistakes. We mess up. We get discouraged. We experience pain. Disappointment. Isn’t it wonderful that our heavenly Father forgives us? Isn’t it profound that He chooses to NOT REMEMBER our sins and shortcomings once they’ve been atoned for through Christ Jesus?

Here are a few tips to help you keep going…

·        Don’t allow someone else’s label of you to hold you back. I have painfully and thoroughly learned that people will believe what’s easy, not what is necessarily accurate or fairly stated. You may remember that old aphorism your grandma or mother might have said, “People will believe a lie easier than they will the truth.” Sad, huh? But unfortunately, often true. Let’s try not to be like that!

·        Don’t allow old wounds to fester. Address them with the individual to make peace, if at all possible. Then ask God to give the spiritual medication needed for healing. Healing starts on the INSIDE! Never forget that we ALL have made and will make mistakes!

·        Don’t pick up other people’s bad habits. If you‘re lending an ear to someone’s gossip, sarcasm, masked insults, and general complaints about other folks…umm, you might reconsider. There’s a chance they also speak unfairly and unkindly about YOU on occasion too!

·        Because your experience is different, because your life is different, because you’re different in certain phases of life, or because your circumstance is different – doesn’t mean that the SAME God in heaven loves you less! Different isn’t necessarily a negative. Start speaking good things – God’s promises – in to your life. Even if you don’t believe it wholeheartedly. Things such as, “I am loved by God. Jesus died for ME. I am victorious through Christ! God is and has blessed me!”

·        Then last but not least, just keep trying! What things seem awkward and unfamiliar at first, will become second nature. (Even the keyboard of this computer is feeling a little less bizarre in a short amount of time!) Keep the faith, dear friend! You are not alone…God is with you during times of awkwardness and discomfort.


Remember…God isn’t caught off guard. He’s aware of what’s going on in your life. Someone else’s gracelessness does NOT take away from HIS matchless grace!

 

Let’s continue to Look UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment