Saturday, May 9, 2015

10 Small Things!

Psalm 107:15 (KJV)    “Oh that man would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!”


I’m a firm believer that small things matter. That small things really develop our true appreciation for heavenly blessings. Small things foster inner, deep-down, bone level joy and happiness. They’re the things that ground us in our relationships, and our relationship with God, if we learn to notice them, that is!

Here’s my short list of 10 small things that I’m especially grateful for today…at any given time our lists may expand, shorten, lengthen, evolve, and deepen.

  *   Pulling into my driveway – especially after a long day.
  *Being greeted with a hug  - especially from my hubby
  *Being touched in my spirit from a great gospel song – especially when I’m alone in the car and I can “have church” all by myself!
  *Lots of ice for my glass  - especially if I’m enjoying a meal at a restaurant with family or friends. I just like ice!
  * Water – especially hot water for a shower, cooking and washing clothes.
  * Being able to walk to our mailbox – especially blessed when there are no bills, but a sweet note from someone!
  *  Quietness – especially when I’m seeking to hear God’s voice.
  * A beautiful tree – especially if it’s in an unexpected place. Trees are life. They reflect God’s handiwork.
  *The meow from our cats. I understand their language.
   *The word “Beloved.” Especially when I read it in God’s Word.


I hope my list, quickly jotted down, will prompt you to develop your list of 10 small things that matter to you. They’ll ALL be a gift from God; let's praise the Lord for His goodness!


Let’s do look UP!


No comments:

Post a Comment