Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Top 5 Encouraging Comments

I love reading encouraging stories and comments. I’ve been a bit of a “bookworm” since I was a young child if I do say so. Yet, I also understand that many people can’t even stand the thought of opening a book or reading a blog, so I like to share short, quick commentary too. Everyone needs a boost – a bit of motivation as we face the adversary! For example, at my work place, I update these quotes and illustrations every month – I hang them in unexpected random places. You never know what a difference a little bit of encouragement can make!
This month’s Top 5 Encouraging Comments:
“When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. “ ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe, American Abolitionist and Author 
“I may be compelled to face danger, but never fear it, and while our soldiers can stand and fight, I can stand and feed and nurse them.” ~ Clara Barton, Founder of the American Red Cross

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” ~ Henry Ford, American Industrialist, Founder of Ford Motor Company
“It’s not whether you get knocked down. It’s whether you get up again.” ~ Vince Lombardi, American Football Coach
“When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.” ~ Alexander Graham Bell, Scottish Scientist and Inventor
Okay, we read these quotes from great people…now let’s look to what God tells us in His Word! (My list changes every month – keep in mind these are ones I’ve chosen, but you may have your own favorites too).

This month’s Top 5 Encouraging Promises from the Bible:
Philippians 4:19 - But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2:10 - For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

2 Peter 1:4 - Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Philippians 4:6-9 - Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.


There’s one thing about God’s promises…He ALWAYS keeps His Word! We can never be disappointed in Him! He’s a REAL promise-keeper!

Look UP my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment