Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Don't Want To


I Don't Want To - By Rosebud

I do not want to clean my room
I cannot close the door;
There's so much junk piled here and there
I cannot see the floor.

I do not want to cut the grass
It's almost one foot high;
And the weeds are so abundant
I just don't want them to die.

I do not want to get the mail
I haven't in many a day;
The box is probably full of junk
And many bills to pay.

I do not want to rake the lawn
I haven't since last fall;
There are plenty of leaves left over
Hidden in the grass so tall.

I do not want to do my work!
Have I got that clear to you?
I'll get it done some other day
Have I got that through?

Reader, let’s ask ourselves what types of things do we avoid in our daily walk with Christ? What are we delaying? Are there things we keep postponing and putting-off until tomorrow? And another tomorrow? And then another week, followed by another month?
I loved the poem I posted by Rosebud…it prompted me to dig deeper. Other than the ordinary mundane things of life (like grocery shopping or doing the laundry), are there things in my Christian life that I just simply do NOT want to do?
I know for myself, I tend to put off paperwork as long as I can, hence the picture at the top of this post. Not ALL the time, but I may wait until 24 – 36 hours before a deadline at work, to complete the task. I don’t want to be late, but I don’t mind hitting the deadline right on time or a day early. That quality drives some people crazy; other people say, “Oh, we’ve still got 45 minutes. We’re good!” People are quite different, aren’t we?
Sometimes when God prompts us into action, it can be easy to dismiss His instruction. Let’s be aware of the here and now…as you understand, we aren’t guaranteed a tomorrow. Say your “I love you’s” today!
A Few Funny Quotes about Procrastination
After all is said than done, more is said than done - Anonymous
Never put off until tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow – Mark Twain
Someday is not a day of the week – Anonymous
Procrastination is like a credit card…it’s a lot of fun until you get the bill! – Christopher Parker
One of these days I’m going to get help for my procrastination problem – Unknown
I like work! I can sit and look at it for ours - Unknown
Let’s be obedient to HIS voice! Do SOMETHING this week that you’ve been putting off…I’ll start by cleaning off my desk at work <grin> and I need to send a few encouragement notes/cards ASAP…What will you do?
Look UP my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment