Thursday, December 5, 2013

A Dog's Nap


I REALLY hope the font on the picture above is large enough for you to read... I downloaded the picture (from Pinterest®) that goes along with today’s post. It really made me laugh. I hope it provided you with a good chuckle as well.
Now that you’ve read the little story about this tired doggie, what did you think? Wasn’t that great?! And precious! Could you relate to the mom?
It just goes to demonstrate to me that dogs, like people, need rest too!

I started thinking about that sweet dog and its innate need for rest…we should really take a lesson from that guy’s book!
You may have read my comments about tiredness before - that when we’re truly tired – weary – we’re vulnerable. Try to recognize when you need a break BEFORE you’re totally exhausted. (And with the holiday season in full swing, it's easy to happen!)
It’s important to take 5 minutes out of our day and unwind. Spend a few minutes with our heavenly Father. Pray about things you have on your heart. Make a decided effort to de-compress. Maybe it’s exercise, maybe it’s music, maybe it’s time with a good book, maybe it’s THE Good Book, or Facebook,® or something as simple as a peanut butter sandwich. Something you enjoy is the point.
If our bones, muscles, and our minds are overly tired and weary – we’re not able to focus on our day’s goals. We may miss God's handiwork.
If we don’t recognize our need for mental and physical rest, we might just be like the dog in today’s post and take off with a stranger! (I don’t recommend it)

Look UP my friends!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment