Wednesday, June 5, 2013

When I Say I'm a Christian

When I Say I’m a Christian
By Kimberly Hemric 6-5-13

When I say I’m a Christian…
I’m not speaking with vanity’s pride
I’m admitting that I make mistakes
And that I need God by my side.

When I say I’m a Christian…
I’m confessing my iniquities deep within
I’m not saying that I am worthy
For countless are my forgiven sins

When I say I’m a Christian…
I have nothing to brag within my own
My best attempts are as filthy rags
Yet, He gave the greatest love ever known.

When I say I’m a Christian…
It doesn’t mean that I don’t fail
It doesn’t mean that I’m better than you
It just means I’m saved from a place called hell

When I say I’m a Christian…
It means I want you to accept Jesus too
Because He is my dearest friend
And He died for me and you

When I say I’m a Christian…
I ask you not to look at my pain
For I’m just a regular person
Who continually calls on Jesus’ name

When I say I’m a Christian…
Don’t expect perfection or grace
But I am trying to live for Him
Until I see His blessed face.

When I say I’m a Christian…
I do not criticize you or judge
For, I have no desire to do that…
I just want you to know the Savior’s love

What about you, friend? Are you searching for unconditional love? Peace? A refuge from your current storm? If you would like to have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ, you can say this heartfelt prayer:

Heavenly Father, I admit I need you in all areas of my life. I am a sinner. I believe that you will forgive my sins through the death and resurrection of your Son, Jesus. I invite Jesus into my heart, to be the Lord of my life. I ask you to save my unworthy soul. I pray this in the name of Jesus. As an expression of my faith, I thank YOU, Father, for directing my life and giving me a new life in Jesus. Amen.

This prayer has many correct variations – many RIGHT ways to pray – the best way is to believe in your heart and just ask God into your life. It doesn’t have to be long, fancy, or religious. Just regular conversation between you and God is enough! I encourage you to read a few verses in the Book of Romans such as the following:
Romans 3:10 - As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Romans 3:23 - For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Romans 5:8 - But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 10:9-10 - That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,

I would be honored and love to pray for you. I can also send you any further information on what it means to be a Christian. Just email me for any further information.

Look UP my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment