Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Do Prayers Get Results?


 
As a Christian, do you feel confident that your prayers will get results from our Almighty God? (And yes, we understand that results are not always a “yes!”) Will God answer? Does He hear you? I know that what I’m going to say isn’t “politically correct,” but please let me say it this way…What should you expect from the One True God of the Bible? One famous and respected pastor asked, "Do you expect Him to compassionately and without judgment answer the prayers of a people who often pray to other gods; people who live wickedly day in and day out? Will He answer prayers for people who actively serve other gods or refuse Him entirely into their lives, those who ask for things that are directly not His will?"

I know it may sound harsh, but the answer is quite simple. No! We have no genuine reason to expect real Holy Ghost answers to our prayers unless we’re actually praying to Almighty God, in the right spirit, and in the right way. It is my opinion that literally millions of people have no idea WHO the True God is or how they should pray to Him. It is a very serious issue.

Prayers are not the same things as chants or mantras – prayers are not positive affirmations about the power of the human spirit. One article I read said it very well, "Some of those pieces of “mind science” are encouraging and can keep us motivated for the short-term, but it doesn’t replace the conversation of prayer with our Heavenly Father."

I have outlined a few basics to help you get started or to review your prayer life.

#1 ~ Study the Bible (The Apostle Paul wrote: "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work" (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

#2 ~ Have faith in God – and Him alone (This is such a basic principle, that it often gets overlooked or taken for granted!) Refer to Romans 10:17 – where the Bible teaches us that “faith comes by hearing!”

#3 ~ Ask God to Mold You (in His image!) What God leads, creates, and molds is GOOD.

#4 ~Put God FIRST in your life (Keep in mind what the Apostle Paul declared: 'I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me" (Galatians 2:20, KJV).

Below is a prayer for hope and faith. Often times, life overwhelms us – situations snowball out of control and we’re left wondering what happened?! We feel desperate. We feel like God doesn’t hear our prayers. It’s during THESE times that we must pray fervently. Faithfully. Keeping our eyes on Him; not our circumstances.

A Prayer for Hope

Heavenly Father, I pray to You in Jesus’ name ~ the name above every name. I am your humble servant, coming before you in need of both faith and hope. I ask You to help me when I feel weak, and to lift me up for your glory when I feel hopeless. I am literally praying for Hope in You, and you alone. I believe You offer hope for a better today; a better tomorrow if I’m granted one. I trust You. You are the light in a dark world. I have confidence that your grace IS sufficient. I need your mercy in every way, every day. Thank you for your heavenly provisions for me! Guide me and help me to walk in YOUR LIGHT and live a life that is faithful to You for your glory. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Look UP my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment