Friday, June 28, 2013

The Names of Jesus


I’ve had a melody on my heart this morning. It’s one of my favorites. Our church choir actually sings it - a song titled “No Other Name.” I love it. There is NO other name like the name of Jesus! There is no other name to proclaim and praise! (It’s a good reminder in current times, that we must keep our spiritual and earthly eyes on Him, and Him alone!)

He is the Bright and Morning Star. The Lily of the Valley. Our Comforter. The Fairest of 10,000. Our Daily Bread. The Lion of Judah! Oh how sacred and marvelous is He! Savior. Counselor. Friend! Everything to everyone!

Today, take a moment to genuinely think about Jesus – His wonderful and glorious name. As you begin to meditate on WHO Jesus is to you…Allow me share a short poem I wrote.

 

No Other Name

By Kimberly Hemric

 

No other name, like the name of Jesus

Is a FOUNT of living water, never dry

No other name but the name of JESUS

Can all of your needs, fully supply!

He is the WELL of Mercy – the blossoms in the field

Our armor, Our SWORD, Our Joy, our faithful BATTLESHIELD!

He is ALPHA and Omega of whom I knowingly sing

The only one in darkest night, who will His comfort bring.

He is the ROSE of Sharon – the LILY, loving, fair

The sweetest FRAGRANCE of Eden’s bloom, wafting in the air.

LION Of Judah, the Great I AM for ever more

Yet He knows my name – The LAMB we worship and adore!

 

Look UP my friends!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment