Monday, March 31, 2014

Hand of Protection

Isaiah 59:1 (KJV) Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear

Recently, my husband and I took an anniversary excursion to a beautiful Florida beach. I’m always awestruck when I look at the enormity of the ocean and the vast grains of sand along the shoreline. It is incredibly humbling to serve and know the Almighty God who created the ocean, the stars, and the moon. The very same God who knows the exact number of hairs on my/your head…knows every grain of sand. His beautiful creations are immeasurable. His knowledge omnipotent.

As I enjoyed relaxing on a chase lounge, covered up in the complimentary blue towel offered by the hotel, a little girl in a white and pink bathing suit caught my eye. Her skin was glowing pink from time out in the sun; her curls were wild and springy across her head and shoulders. She looked to be about four years old. The picture of innocence and joy.

As one of the waves came crashing toward the sand, her face lit up. She giggled and spiritedly ran toward the turbulent water for a few seconds. My heart skipped a beat as I thought of the undertow and the potential danger. (There had been significant storms that week, so the water was more tempest than usual). I looked for an adult who might be watching the charming little youngster.

Within a few seconds, the girl’s face went from joy to terror. As the water hit her feet she got scared. I started to get up from my position…instincts kicking in.

At the same time, a lithe, tall, dark-haired gentleman grabbed her arm and pulled her safely back onto dry land. Her face just beamed with adoration…She held her arms up for a big hug and proclaimed, “Oh! Thank you, daddy! You didn’t let me die!”

Wow! That was about the sweetest thing I've ever seen. The scene stirred my soul. She was genuine. Sincere. So very thankful to her dad! It brought tears to my eyes. I just grinned and smiled to the dad as he glanced in my direction. He grinned back – it was his way of assuring me that he had his eye on his child.

It struck a chord with me that our Heavenly Father has His arms stretched out toward us! Offering a safe hand. A protecting hand. A loving hand. Have we thanked HIM lately for sending His only Son to die on Calvary’s cross…So that as Believers, we can live in heaven after this short life?

I am reminded that during the storm…His protecting hands are there!

During the tempests of life…we are safe in Jesus!

When it seems we’re drowning and troubles are over our head…God will lead us to dry ground! His eye is eternally on His child! 

Look UP my friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment