Friday, November 22, 2013

Live Honestly

The picture I included in today's blog says a lot - I think it's quite profound actually. Our day to day living says a lot about who we are. I know at least for me, at the end of the day, I hope people undertand who I am. Who and what I stand for. The ability to understand my heart...

At some point in life, we ALL have negative things attached to our reputations or our own name - it is a part of life. Good people have bad things said about them, and in return "bad" people may have good things said about them.

 I had a boss to tell me many years ago, that half of employees will love you today and the other half will despise you. I think in some ways that was excellent advice for remaining realistic, and not buying into false flattery or superficial words. People can change their behavior quickly! I dare say that most of us have been hurt by words - by people we love (sometimes out of the blue!)

I think it is important for the Christian to be reminded that our TRUEST value is the difference we make for Christ - whether people accept us or not - it's most important if God is pleased with our lives.

Live consistently. Live honestly. Live genuinely. Live sincerely for HIM. Your life will speak, in large, for itself.

Look UP my friends!



2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful entry for today and for all days. I just want to add that true listening will carry us through many of the times when hurtful words are said. Listen not to what the person is saying but what they are living.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherrell! I like your thoughts on "true listening!"

      Delete