Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Our Living Testimony


God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord – I Corinthians 1:9 (KJV)

Sometimes (and most appreciatively on my part) God opens doors for me to share my personal testimony. By personal testimony, I mean the time in my life in which I accepted Jesus into my heart, to be the Lord of my life, and my personal Savior.

I remember it very well – my dear Pastor’s wife, Mrs. P. Joyce, opened the Bible with me at an old fashioned altar. She explained the “Romans Road to Salvation” and what happened (the birth of the Messiah) in Bethlehem years ago. She also expounded on what Jesus did on Calvary. He gave everything for His children, so it’s a VERY important “narrative” to know! Let me re-phrase…He is THE most important person to know.

I was a young person of 12 years of age.  I haven’t been the same since! But, let me first proclaim that I haven’t been perfect by any stretch of the imagination, yet God’s perfect plan of salvation did a work in my heart and in my life. HE did something for me that no other person could do – the forgiveness of sin.  I know my personal life changed that Sunday evening almost 30 years ago!

Our “Living Testimony” is a term I coined as I talked to people. (Other people may use that verbiage too, I’m don't know. But I started using the phrase several years ago when I had opportunities to speak to ladies about serving God NOW. After we accept Jesus into our hearts - we don't just stop serving or growing. It's a time to start LIVING ACTIVELY for God). Key word - Active.
We have a personal testimony (The Christian) of when Jesus entered our heart. And later, as we live, grow, and age we experience our own mountains, valleys, and victories. Those are our personal accounts of God’s faithfulness and goodness – our living testimony.

Your testimony may be one of self-experienced healing, provision, deliverance, blessing, freedom, and/or love …all sorts of great and mighty ways that God has demonstrated His ACTIVE goodness in your life. {Life Moment: All blessings are noteworthy and “big!” to the person impacted. In my opinion, there’s no such thing as LITTLE blessings}.

For example, I had misplaced a credit card recently. I’ve been searching for it a few days. Continuing my rummaging around, I found it in my vehicle yesterday. That was a “little” thing, but, really, it’s a big blessing! This was God’s hand of protection – my living testimony.

Another example – my husband and I had opportunity to visit a friend yesterday who’s living her final days in the Hospice Home (short term residence for terminally ill patients). It was her birthday. She was alert, smiling, and tickled pink that we were able to sing “Happy Birthday” to her. She just chuckled and clapped her hands…it was a little moment in her life, but it was a big deal to her husband and daughters. It was an immense blessing! This was HER living testimony – ultimate healing and deliverance. A peace when she’s facing going out into eternity.

One final example – I have a friend who lives with severe Rheumatoid Arthritis…she is in a lot of pain and requires shots and strong medications. Some weeks it is quite bad, but she doesn’t complain.  Her sense of humor is terrific. She works her public job. Pushes through. Keeps a positive disposition. Just today she was lifting OTHER people up with humor on her Facebook ® account. That’s a blessing – and an account of her living testimony!

I’ve said it numerous times, but let’s be reminded that acts of humility and selflessness are little ways to make a big impact!

So – think about a time in your recent life – this month, this week, this year, today, last year…that God delivered you. That He healed you. That He was faithful! Ask yourself…What’s my living testimony?


Look UP my friends!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! What a wonderful addition this ministry is to "Your Living Testimony!" Keep um coming Sister:-)

    ReplyDelete